Friday, December 23, 2011

IDF Centurion Shot Kal - Part 1

In recent years, I have become interested in the October War of 1973, especially the stories about the 77th "Oz" Tank Battalion. I was turned on to this part of history by my preacher cousin in West Texas that called one day to tell me the incredible "David vs. Goliath" like story of this battle. I have just recently finished reading Avigdor Kahalani's book, "The Heights of Courage". I began this project about 2 1/2 years ago when I first became interested in the subject.

This is the AFV Club Centurion Shot Kal 1973 with Voyager photoetch, AFV Club mantlet cover, various stowage items, and MIG figures with Hornet heads. The air recognition flag is made from Milliput. The model is painted with Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics, and will be weathered with MIG products. It is intended as a tribute to Avigdor Kahalani and the men of the 77th "Oz" Tank Battalion, 7th Armored Brigade. I am about 75% finished with initial painting. Next will be the final application of decals (rings on the gun), and the weathering process will begin. I'll update when complete with a "Part 2".









No comments:

Post a Comment